Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a GP referral to get an appointment on Cornwall Cardiology Direct with Dr A Simaitis?
It is not necessary for you to get a referral from your GP. You can simply click on ‘Book appointment’ and select the time and date most suitable for you. Your GP will get a detailed letter from us regarding your private consultation and also a detailed report regarding our advice and further management plan. You can also select Telephone, Video or Face to Face consultation. If you decide on Face to Face consultation, please note that this is not available at all times. Face to Face consultation is usually provided after 5 pm, although you will find a few morning options too.
If I have a private consultation will I need to continue as private patient?
No, it is not necessary. Once you have had a private consultation, it is your right to transfer back to the NHS for further treatment. You can do this at any point during your private care.
What happens after I book appointment on the calendar?
After clicking on ‘Book appointment’, you will receive an email confirming the date and time of the appointment. You will receive a phone call from Dr A Simaitis’ Personal Assistant Miss Alex May within 24 hrs on work days. During this call you will be able to ask any further questions you may have. Alex will also take further details, such as date of birth, NHS number and address.
Is my data secure?
When you book an appointment, we will ask for minimum details: full name, email and telephone number only. These data will be stored for the minimum time necessary for booking purposes and according to GDPR policy: after this they will be deleted. Once an appointment is booked, further personal data (date of birth, NHS number) will be taken and entered onto Duchy Hospital databases. All letters and test results will be stored only at Duchy Hospital. Cornwall Cardiologist Direct will not store any of these data.
I am self-payer. How much will it cost for me to have cardiology appointment through Cornwall Cardiologist Direct?
First appointment fee is £195. If you have a Face to Face appointment and we do not have ECG (electrocardiogram, electrical heart trace) at the time, you will be able to have an ECG done at Duchy hospital for a £50 fee. Alternatively, we can ask your GP to do an ECG at your surgery and send it to us in few days.
Following your first appointment, you will have two choices:
- It is your right to decide to go back into the NHS and have all further tests through the NHS. All tests on the NHS are free of charge.
- Or you may prefer to continue tests and follow-up on a private basis.
If you continue private care after first your appointment, the following fees will apply:
- Ultrasound investigation of the heart (Echocardiogram) fee is £149. This test will be done at Duchy Hospital. Duchy Hospital will charge a fee of £150 for Echocardiogram. If you are a self-payer, this test will cost £299 for you in total.
- Monitoring (24hr tape or longer) fee is £149. This test will be done at Duchy Hospital. Duchy Hospital will charge a fee of £150 for Monitoring. If you are a self-payer, this test will cost £299 for you in total.
- The Treadmill test fee is £149. This test will be done at Duchy Hospital. Duchy Hospital will charge a fee of £150 for Treadmill test. If you are a self-payer, this test will cost £299 for you in total.
- A Follow-up Consultation is £120.
If after the non-invasive test it appears that you would need more sophisticated investigations, either invasive or non-invasive, we will provide you with more detailed information. Some of these tests (CT Coronary Angiogram, Myocardial Perfusion Scan or Tilt test) are only available on NHS and are free of charge.
Other tests or procedures (Invasive Coronary Angiogram, Implantable Loop Recorder, Pacemaker insertion) can be done on the NHS or privately. Duchy Hospital provides private self-pay packages for these procedures and we will give you with full details as required.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with us:
- Call Miss Alexandra May on 01872 226101 from 9 am to 4 pm on working days or 07771747315 from 4 pm to 8 pm on working days
- Email email@example.com
- Or simply click on ‘Make inquiry’